During the stressful beginning days of last week, I was walking home exhausted from my metro stop one night. It was already dark, even before 8 pm...and it was chilly out and maybe even a bit drizzly.
And as I walked, I was thinking over my crazy day and having a pity party of sorts. "Why are things so stressful? I shouldn't have to deal with this...I'm in Spain...I should be able to have fun!"
Then a couple blocks from home, a song suddenly popped into my head: "You're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back. "You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times. So take a good look around. You may not know it now. But you're gonna miss this."
The words hit me like a ton of bricks. Why was I focusing on the fact that I was in the midst of an exhausting day and a stressful week instead of remembering how lucky I am to be experiencing these things (which I would surely be going through in America) in Spain? Why was I having a pity party when I should have been celebrating the fact that I am living my dream? Why, why, why? So many questions.
This really put things into perspective for me. There are going to be some rough days and stressful weeks anywhere, but instead of dwelling on that, I should choose to look at the positive and be thankful that I am experiencing these as only bumps in the road and that I am hitting these bumps as I am living my dream.
Definitely changed my outlook things and changed the way I have since looked back on each day.
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: echar mucho de menos = to miss :)
No comments:
Post a Comment