Hello All, Here's a continuation of the other posts I have written about silly little things I've experienced here:
1. I recently heard a Spanish song in a public place for the first time since coming here!
2. I also heard Simon and Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson" - Mom and Barb...thought you would appreciate this :)
3. Today I heard one of the call boxes on the apartment doors (as a person was leaving) say, "Por favor cierra la puerta" (Please close the door). HAHAHAHAHA. I just laughed to myself.
Photos of some other amusing things to come...they are not yet on my computer. I apologize for my slow-ness.
ceiling in a metro station...
not sure what this is...but it looked cool
This guy was totally playing "Faeries" from the Nutcracker with chords and all on his water glasses. took a video of him...it was just too cool!
The dancing puppets were connected to his guitar I think..
another protest???
zapatos
No idea what the heck this costume was for...
another "statue"performer
quote on the street...and not in Barrio de las Letras either
The 0 km mark - this is the actual center of Madrid and when they tell you it's ____ km to [insert city here] this is where it is measured from. I had been looking for this spot for quite a while and finally found it!
Notice the faceless dude with the random lady...another performer...
wooden clocks...there was one of Pinocchio, but I didn't manage to snap a pic
I <3 cute souvenir stores!
Mercado de San Miguel...this is the mercado Paula took me to that first week. I hadn't taken any pictures and had not found it since.
Christmas already in the market!
Found this and the building in the next pic in Alcala...
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: banda = band (the musical sort) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment