Monday, November 14, 2011

"Ella me engaña con otro" (She Cheated On Me)

Ok...so I have this project due this week (blergh!) in Phonetics.  We have to choose a video in a different Spanish dialogue (Mine is Argentine Spanish) from the list she has online and then write about the context, transcribe 2 minutes of it, provide the phonetic transcription for 100 words of the video, provide examples of how each consonant is used, and then analyze the dialect (using sources which we then have to cite of course) with a partner.  Yeah...pain in the butt!

But...here's the silver lining...as my partner Allison and I were looking at the videos, we found one that was not just a boring interview with an old guy author.  It's part of a comedy/musical type routine and called "She Cheated on Me"  (Ella me engaña con otro).  Yeah...  Funniest. Video. Ever.  Oh my goodness...I was singing it in my head all day after working on the transcription with my partner Friday morning!  Even though it's in Spanish and I know very few of my readers have any chance of understanding it...it's too good not to post.

For those of you who do know Spanish, take the time to view this...I can promise a good laugh :)


Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: gracioso = funny :)

No comments: