Thursday...oh, Thursday. What a day. I went to my first class as usual, but was super tired (I feel like my teacher hates me because I am often quite drowsy in that class and it's obvious...but it's not like I don't sleep. And I make sure to eat something with a little sugar in the mornings to wake me up...but it's not always enough.
So I decided to use my 2-hour break to go home and nap. Unfortunately, despite setting more than 1 alarm, I overslept and woke up about 10 minutes after my next class had started. I would have missed at least 40 minutes more by the time I could get there, so I just skipped the rest of the class, e-mailed my teacher to tell him that something came up and that I was okay and was sorry for missing the class, andwent back to sleep for a couple more hours.
Then, although I technically had the night off...I had promised Alejandra (the cuidadora of the kids I tutor) that I would go to her house and work with her daughter. One of Paula's friends is T (the daughter)'s tutor, but she comes early in the week and was unable to come that week and the little girl had an exam in English the next day. So Alejandra asked if I could stop by and review with her because neither of her parents know English. Even though it was far away and would only be paid 10 euros, I decided to do it as a favor. So she told me where her house was.
After my nap, I headed there to tutor T. Unfortunately...after running a bit later than I had hoped and finally getting to the metro stop, I could not for the life of me find the apartment...I looked everywhere and asked many people. Finally one nice guy was able to help me find it (which was really good because I was going to just call Alejandra and tell her I was lost, but of course...the one time I actually needed it, I had forgotten my phone at home...fail!). So I got there and began working with the little girl. Wow, what a sweet girl she was...and so studious! She wanted to review everything several times because she really wanted a good grade! And while I was writing out questions for her to answer, she asked if she could work on other homework in the meantime...what a 9-year-old! And I told her mother so!
On the way home, I had to change trains at one of the metro stops with buses, so I tried to buy my tickets for my trip this weekend and was told I had to go to another station...drat! Unfortunately that station is further away and I did not have time to go before dinner. Had to save it for another day.
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: estudiosa = studious :)
No comments:
Post a Comment