So...after being sick Monday night, all of Tuesday, and all of Wednesday and cancelling all of my plans for my day off and missing both my classes on Wednesday, I finally decided to take my host mom's advice and go to the doctor.
Thursday afternoon I called to get an appointment with Dr. Borras, an English-speaking doctor, and found out they could fit me in at 2:15. So...a little after 1:30 I left my house (I had no idea how long it would take to get there... I estimated 30+ minutes by metro but then decided to take a taxi because I felt too crappy to be "up to" taking the metro). Luckily the office address I had was close and the taxi only cost me about 5 euros.
And then I entered the office, where they did not have good news for me..."Uh no you don't have an appointment at 2:15...we close at 2. No...Dr. Borras does not work here anymore. No, we do not know where he works now." FAIL! This was when I realized that I had not called the number for that office even though I thought I had. Still, I was freaking out and on the verge of tears...I felt like crap, I did not know the area I was in, I needed to see a doctor, and I had to have a doctor's note to make up the test and quiz I was missing that day.
Then I realized...I had an appointment somewhere and with some doctor. I just needed to figure out who and where. So I called back the number I had called and asked for the address. Then I got in another taxi and the driver helped me figure out what the heck I had heard and where exactly I needed to go and took me there. Thank God this other office was only like a 5-minute drive from the first one...because it was already 2:15 by the time I left the first office.
So I rang the doorbell upon arriving at the second office...they have those call certain apartment to be buzzed in things so I just pushed the button for the doctor whose name I recognized from my student guide because I really had no idea who I had an appointment with. Yeah...they were confused here too, but figured it out and took me to the waiting room. It occurred to me to ask which doctor I was supposed to see...and guess who they told me...yup...Dr. Borras. Confused? Yeah, I was too. How did I call the number for the wrong office out of the ones on the university's list and get the right doctor...???
Anyhow, he saw me, said I had the flu, and gave me meds for my stomach symptoms and for my low-grade fever. After resting the rest of that day and all day Friday, I felt basically normal on Saturday. Halleluia!
Still, all I did was meet up with a friend for lunch and book some trips. We had hoped to have time for a museum visit, but had issues with some websites and then ran out of time. So it was a pretty chill day.
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the day: oficina = office, médico = doctor :)
No comments:
Post a Comment