So it is crazy for me to think that I have been here a little over 11 weeks already. I cannot believe it. Only 6 weeks left and I am so not ready for this all to end.
Yesterday was another day of running all over...first class, then making up a quiz, after that a trip to see the completed flower wall, class again, and then ran home for my intercambio. Then after classes, I was told that I did not have to tutor because the little boy I tutor had a celebration in his catechism class. Yay! That allowed me to spend 1 1/2 hours with my intercambio partner Maria Nieves (isn't that a beautiful name?!?) The more we chat and learn about each other, the more I enjoy our time together! She's such a sweet person and quite artsy too (she's a designer...check out her blog). That was probably the highlight of my day :)
After my intercambio, I headed to look up the thrift store my roommates have found near here...took me a while to find it, especially as it was getting dark. I almost got lost, but ended up finding it and purchasing a little sweater. (Now I just need heavy sweaters and long-sleeved shirts as the washing machine here has been stretching mine out...and it didn't start happening til recently, but out of 3 casual sweaters and 3 casual long-sleeved shirts, one of each has now been stretched out to the point that it looks funky if I wear it. Fudge!) Then it was time to head home for dinner. Enough excitement for one day.
Anyhow...this promises to be a fun weekend. This morning I have to leave to meet with someone to work on a project for Phonetics class (it's always Phonetics...), but then my friend Katie and I (Elizabeth backed out...sad!) will get on a bus for our next adventure (not gonna state our destination for safety reasons). I won't return to Madrid til late Sunday night but will post hopefully early next week about my trip!
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend :)
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: autobus = bus, viaje = trip :)
No comments:
Post a Comment