Quiero darles a ustedes un reflexión de mi vida aquí en general y voy a escribir primero en español y luego en inglés para que puedan ver los dos juntos y entender más el español.
I want to give you all a sort of reflection of my life here in general, and I am going to write it first in Spanish and then in English so that you can see both languages next to each other and hopefully understand more of the Spanish.
Pues…es que mi vida aquí es muy compleja, como lo usual, pero en una manera diferente. Y es difícil explicar. Aquí estoy disfrutando todos los momentos porque ya sé que este semestre va a pasar muy rápido. En los EE. UU. decimos, “Aprende algo nuevo cada día,” pero no pensamos en lo que esta frase implica. Ahora estoy aprendiendo muchísimas cosas cada hora (no solo en mis clases) y sin intentar. Estoy aprendiendo algo nuevo cada vez que voy a un lugar nuevo de la ciudad, cada vez escucho una conversación en español, cada vez miro lo que me rodea, y cada vez que presto atención a la cultura de los madrileños y cómo viven.
Well…it’s like my life here is very complicated, as usual, but in a different way. And it’s difficult to explain. Here I am enjoying every moment because I already know that this semester is going to pass by very fast. In the U.S. we say, “Learn something new each day,” but we don’t think about what this phrase implies. Here I am learning so many things each hour (not only in my classes) and without trying. I am learning something new each time I go to a new place in the city, each time I listen to a conversation in Spanish, each time I look at what surrounds me, and each time I pay attention to the culture of the Madridians and how they live.
Y esta experiencia de aprender ya está cambiando me.
And this experience of learning is already changing me.
Paz y bendiciones (Peace and Blessings),
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day: (see above) :)
3 comments:
Learn, learn, and experience all you can....but don't change too much. I love you the way you are:)
First, your mom's comment is adorable. And I agree, Mrs. Jorgenson! :)
Second, I loved the Spanish!! It was a great change of pace and I've really been enjoying my own spanish language learning lately so it was cool to read your thoughts in Spanish.
I'm glad you enjoyed it...you were probably one of the very few readers to actually understand my thoughts in Spanish without needing the English translation. I'm glad you are enjoying your own Spanish learning...we will chat when I come back and I can tell you more about what I've learned about the language here.
Post a Comment