Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Doing the Happy Dance!

Today after being in a weird mood and having my teacher essentially call me out for being exhausted in her class again, I was just bummed out.

I spent my entire 2-hour break looking up possible trips...and turned up nothing.  Even after asking the priest and office of Student Life.  Found some great trips...but they weren't group trips.  Still had the other possibilities that I didn't really like...and I had one more number to try.  Of course, this travel agency (Student LIfe gave me the number) did not answer the phone when I called.

So after coming home so excited about G's progress, I decided to try calling again.  This time, they picked up...and...drumroll, please...travel issues solved!!!!!  No, I do not have tickets or a trip planned...but...the lady told me that they have many group trips leaving the 7th that go through the 11th (meaning I'd have my whole day off the 6th to spend doing whatever and would only miss one day of classes which I was planning on skipping to travel anyway).  These possible trips include: Berlin, Budapest, Istanbul, Paris, London, Prague, Morocco, Amsterdam and Brussels (and I don't even think she named them all and she also named a bunch of other cities I didn't recognize)! 


So...I'm going over there to talk to them on Thursday since my morning class is cancelled.  Still have to see what exactly the itineraries look like, still need to find out the costs... but then it will simply be a matter of choosing a trip and signing up!!!!!  That's gonna be a hard decision...I've been wanting to go to Paris, London, and Brussels, but Budapest, Istanbul, and Morocco (if it's safe there?) sound intriguing...we'll see. 

So excited!!!!!  And I don't even know where I am going or any other details yet!  But I know my problem is solved!  And I know I'm going somewhere...and for right now, that is enough for me. 

As much as I'd love to know more, I wasn't gonna make her tell me everything over the phone and I don't have enough time to go over there tomorrow because my breaks are no longer than an hour.  But Thursday I have a class cancelled and then a 2 hour break before tutoring, both of which leave me plenty of time to get there, talk to them, and come back.  I won't be posting on here where I went until I come back for safety purposes, but I can almost guarantee that I will have a great time no matter where I choose!

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: grupo = group, Londres = London, Marruecas = Morocco, Bruselas = Brussels :)

No comments: