Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life Has a Cruel Sense of Humor Sometimes...

Hello Everyone,

So those of you who have been in touch with me via some other source already know that I haven't written much because I was sick all last week.

Halloween day, I went to class, celebrated with my kiddos, etc.  Then around dinner time, I started feeling a little crappy, but not too bad.  Still was planning on going out with my roommates for Halloween.  I re-dressed up, borrowing a skirt to make my costume cuter.  And I was all ready like an hour or more before everyone else...so I was sitting watching a movie on my computer while I waited.  And as I sat there, I just kept feeling worse and worse and ended up taking one photo with the other girls and having to stay in for the night because by then (11ish) I was already throwing up.


Threw up a total of 4 times that night and felt crappy for the rest of the week...just could not eat, could not read/be on the computer for long periods/watch T.V. without feeling sicker, was hot and cold, felt sick to my stomach, and could pretty much only sleep for several days straight.  Unfortunately during those several days I had: planned to go to El Escorial for one of my classes, plans to see a movie with Paula, a day off, 2 days of tutoring, 4 classes, a quiz, and a test.  Uggh!  Needless to say, I either missed or cancelled all of those plans.

What can I say?  Life just has a cruel sense of humor sometimes and you just have to play the cards you're dealt to the best of your ability and realize that not every day can be flowers, butterflies, puppies, and rainbows.

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: vomitar = to throw up, enferma = sick :)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Aw, that's really no good! But yeah, it happens. Like me right now having no voice!

Glad you're feeling better now at least :)

Melanie said...

Yeah...at least it's over. And I'm thankful I do not get sick like that very often...not even every year. Just wish it would have happened while I was at home and not here. Oh well. I hope you start feeling better muy pronto!!!