Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What a Roller Coaster of An Evening!

Yesterday was a pretty normal Monday...but the evening was quite a roller coaster of emotions.  Here's what happened:

Lately, I've been having a little trouble with the girls I tutor...as in they distract each other, and do not want to do the activities I bring for them.  Well yesterday was the worst yet...not only could they not sit still, they distracted each other like crazy, did not want to do anything I brought or anything I could do "off the cusp" (because it was "boring"), but they blatantly disrespected me and would not listen to me when I asked them to do anything or even when I spoke to them.  Both cuidadora and mom yelled at them, but in front of both mom and I, one of the girls asked when I was leaving (granted she then asked if I'd be returning and seemed slightly less happy when she was told I would not be back next semester).  It was awful! 

And I just felt like I was caught between a rock and a hard place because I had tried to make things fun many different times and it did not work.  Plus mom had told me that I could tell her if they were distracting each other too much and she would no longer allow L's friend C to have class with her...but I know if I do that, L would blame it on me and still hate (ok that's too strong a word...be mad at) me and disrespect me.

I came home from tutoring just emotionally exhausted and down in the dumps.  But I almost immediately cheered up upon arriving home to find 2 letters and a card on my desk (Thanks Bridgette, Sam, and Mom!).  The letters and card made my day!  Perfect timing too! 



After dinner, I had the chance to Skype with/or chat on the phone with 2 friends and my mother and with some suggestions was beginning to feel better about the whole tutoring situation...but then I found out that a possible trip opportunity did not work out as I had hoped and so that brought my mood down a bit. 

So many ups and downs...but I guess that's life.  A roller coaster...and as the song by Gary Allen says, "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!"

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: respeto = respect :)

No comments: