Thursday, November 10, 2011

Picking Up the Pieces

Hello Everyone,

After being sick for a week, I finally started to pick up the pieces of my life last Sunday.  Since then I have been making up tests and quizzes, catching up on what I missed with the kids I tutor, getting notes from the classes I missed, rescheduling/doing the things I had planned for the days I was stuck in bed, writing my to-do list to reflect what I actually need to do, etc. 

Monday was super confusing because I felt like I did not know what was going on after missing classes for practically a week.  And it didn't help that as of Sunday night, I still did not know whether or not I was supposed to make up a test Monday morning.  But Tuesday I was able to make up my test and got a 91 and made up my other quiz today...hope I did well.  Now everything is basically in order again.



Highlights of the week (minus yesterday which was a very busy holiday and so deserves its own post): finding out my girls got an 8 and a 10 on their English tests (10 is the highest), finding out the little boy got a bad grade but gets to re-take his test, finding out my friend Elizabeth can come with Katie and I on our trip this weekend, getting everything figured out.

Oh and prayer request: also found out Katie's wisdom teeth are giving her trouble and a lot of pain, so pray that that gets better and please pray for her host mom...sweetest lady ever - I've met her.  She's very sick and Katie doesn't know if she'll make it.  She's only in her seventies but practically blind, unsteady on her feet, with her blood pressure haywire and I don't know what all else and family are constantly there helping out...so Katie and her housemates are a little worried.  And it seems like all this came on all of a sudden because the last time I was over there a couple weeks back she seemed capable of most anything and was chatting with us and walking around and such.

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: viejo = old, confundida = confused, faltar = to miss (as in miss class) :)

No comments: