Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Zippity-doo-dah, Zippity-ay! My, oh My What a Wonderful Day :)

Hola Everyone!

It has been a pretty great day for several reasons which I will list:
1. Managed to successfully type up a timeline for my Culture and Civilization class...we wrote it in class/for homework and there was so much in so little space that I couldn't even read it or follow it.
2. New Testament class was not boring today!
3. Talked to my friend Amy (she's in my CLC here) and she's interested in planning a trip to Sevilla and one to Cordoba with me (two places I want to go but did not have a travel buddy)!  I'm excited to get to know her better as we travel and to be able to go to those cities.
4. So I told my CLC at our meeting today that I would not be able to come to our meetings anymore due to my new job (and jokingly said...unless we change them to [insert 2 completely random times here]).  They said they did not want to lose me and would change the time to a morning meeting on Mondays so that I would be able to come!  I felt so LOVED!  Plus another one of my friends joined our group!  It's going to be a great semester with this faith family I am building here in addition to those at my home university and in my hometown that I am keeping up with.
5. Paella for dinner!!!!!!!  And today was the first time that I not only finished my food, but asked for a second helping!  Mari Paz was oh so pleased! (P.S. Barb, you made me smile with the piaja Skype comment!!!)

6. After dinner, Mari Paz took us up to the roof of our building for a great view of Madrid.  It was sunset, and the view was gorgeous!!!
7. We also saw Mari Paz's friend (which would normally not be a big deal...but this friend happens to be the casting director for many T.V. series and for Almodovar, the most famous movie director here).
8. It's only 9:15, so I still have time to do some homework tonight.
9. Got to IM my aunt and will be skyping my mom later!
10. Took some photos of my daily routine...need to take a few more and then will create a post.
11. Wore the dress I purchased in Mallorca today and got several compliments.
12. Do not have to worry about a Phonetics quiz tomorrow because our professor told us on Tuesday that she is postponing it!!
13. I am still super excited about my job!  Not that anything related to that took place today.
14. Was able to relate what we talked about in my Art History to my life...a.k.a.  saw some of the art she was talking about when I went to Toledo's Catedral.  My professor said she was so happy that I have been taking advantage of my time here and seeing many sites.
15. Really good CLC meeting - we talked about God's grace (Thanks Emily!).  And thanks to Ana for the cultural experience of a prayer out loud in Spanish!

I think that's all.  Sorry if it's a bit jumbled up...that's the order the events came to mind.

**FYI, I just learned how to add a "read more" option to each post so that the whole post is not displayed on the home page.  (Too much scrolling when posts are long.)  I have added this to my previous posts, where necessary.  Give me your opinion, please.

Here are the photos I took from the roof!  Enjoy!






Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day:  guay = cool/awesome, vestido = dress, rezo = prayer, reunión = meeting :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

I can't decide about your "read more" option. The first time, I almost missed the rest of the post. (It's amazing what a little reading can do for you.) I'll live with it for awhile and let you know later.
But what a great day! So much to see/learn!

Cathy said...

I noticed the "read more" option, I must agree with your mom a bit! It's more clicking which seems like a con... but you're right that you can view more and scroll through them quicker.

Melanie said...

Thanks for the comments. I am still debating whether or not I like it as well. I'll leave it for a while and think about it, but it may not be around for long.