I have titled this post "Back to School" not because I've taken a particularly long break from school...just the normal weekend, but because it feels like it has been forever since I legitimately focused on school as my mind has been elsewhere since Thursday.
Of course, I went to bed with my homework undone and so had to get up early to complete it. Needless to day, I got up later than I wanted. I could immediately tell that this would not be a great day. I woke up with a nervous stomach, definitely anxiety about the school day and my upcoming quiz. No matter what I did, it did nothing to help. I managed to get some of my homework done and then ate, dressed, made my lunch, and headed off to school.
I was cheered up a little as I walked through the plaza below me by the flowers I saw growing seemingly in every flowerbed - roses (white, pink, coral, yellow) and other plants growing on bushes and trees. Of course, I stopped to take photos before continuing on to the metro. Once I arrived at school, I had a bit of time before my CLC meeting to finish a bit more homework.
Then our CLC met and talked about idols and what we put before God. It was very Scripture-based and well planned and executed - thanks Ani!!! Just what I needed! I had just enough time after the meeting to finish and print my homework before going to my first class. Then I chilled and ate lunch during my break and attended my last class before stopping at the papeleria (stationery/paper/school supply store) on my way home. Once I got home, I was exhausted. So after a little time on the computer, I crashed...and napped for 2 1/2 hours before dinner.
Again, I was not very hungry - this time because I had just woken up. Then I came back down, tidied my bedroom, and sat down at the computer where I still am now, over an hour later (oops!). I definitely should be studying for my Phonetics quiz which had me super stressed out this morning, but I have now gone from stressed mode to "could not care less" mode after realizing that it is, after all, just a quiz. And the fact that I am still not "in the swing" of school again does not help my lack of motivation to study...sigh! Oh well, I suppose I might study a bit before bed or else just rise super early in the morning and get in a couple hours of studying. And if I bomb the quiz...well then I don't know...but I'll cross that bridge only if I come to it. And hopefully I will not.
I think that's all I have for today. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: estudiar = study :)
2 comments:
Beautiful photos of the flowers. I especially like the close-up of the yellow rose against the still fountain water. Very nice.
Thanks! They really cheered me up! I hadn't seen them before and like all of a sudden I saw them that morning! Like they were there for me. God works in mysterious ways.
Post a Comment