Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just Another Average Day in Spain

Hello Everyone.

Well, my Phonetics problem has been solved, or at least put to rest.  But I discovered yesterday after spending 1/2 hour Wednesday night and then 2 1/2 hours yesterday morning on my non-graded homework that the class will definitely be time-consuming and difficult.  Good thing it's at least interesting.

Also, I am working on obtaining a tutoring job.  At the university, they have a list and you can sign up if you are interested in tutoring English and they will send out an e-mail when an offer comes.  We are responsible for contacting the family.  Well there was a great offer a couple of days ago - 56 euros a week for teaching English two evenings for 1 1/2 hours to a six-year-old boy.  I called the lady, who was putting the kids to bed and asked me to call back.  However, I called back and left a message and then never heard from her...bummer!



So I finally decided I could not wait forever for her and called about another offer.  With this offer, I  would be teaching English to a five-year-old girl one day a week for 1 hour and would be paid 18 euros.  Not bad, especially considering it is a 30-min walk from my apartment and only a 5-min walk from school.  Plus the one afternoon a week thing would allow me to take another tutoring job if I wanted more hours or money.  The senora asked me to come by and meet her and her daughter.  We talked for a few minutes and she told me that she has already been contacted by 3 students, including me, and wants to meet all of them before deciding.  She is supposed to call me this weekend.  Keep your  fingers crossed that I get this job or that the first lady calls me back at last.

This morning, I am up super early for another day trip.  I'll try to blog about it when I get home, depending on the time.

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Words of the Day:  trabajo = work/job :)

No comments: