Thursday, September 1, 2011

El Escorial y Valle de los Caidos...a compilation of photos

Here are the photos I promised:

 Bought this scarf as a souvenir for only 4 euros ($8 or less)...Shirley, are you proud of me? :)

 Around the town of Escorial...Kudos to anyone on Dad's side of the family who can tell me who these remind me of without reading my answer first...yes, Grandma Jo!  She's definitely watching over me.  Haven't seen anything like this anywhere since I was about 7 years old and at her house.

Spanish Signpost





 Monastery (or monkery, as Julie D would say haha)

 view


 gardens








My friend Amy from the retreat we worked back home



 Katie and I in the gardens








Left to right:  Me, Michelle, Jenny, Katie, Megan, Mary

















 Valle de los Caidos







Sorry - got a bit carried away with how many I put on here...they were all just so beautiful... 

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie


Spanish Word of the Day:  sacar fotos = to take pictures :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wonderful pictures! I think you should put one of the monastery on Facebook, tag Julie D.,and then comment on it being a "monkary"!

Melanie said...

OMgosh...I totally want to do that now! hahahahahahahahaha