Hi everyone!
Today was day 2 of classes. Normally I would not have classes on a Friday, but since this is a short week, we had our Wednesday classes today. So far, so good. I got to my first class super early...definitely thought it was 1/2 hour earlier than it was. But I love my teacher and the class seems super interesting. It is The Art and History of Madrid and it sounds like I'll be able to take advantage of the museums here plenty, which is what I was going for. Plus, though she spoke all in Spanish and pretty fast, I could totally follow what was going on!!!! Yay!
My second class is New Testament...and I think I will like it a lot. It will be super easy (especially compared with Colby's class for all you IWA girls)! And I like the subject matter! This is my only class taught in English, but my teacher is not a native speaker and has an accent I adore!
Today was also the first time I navigated the metro alone...and I did not get lost once!!!!! I was pretty sure I had it all figured out early in the week, but now I know for sure! I am super proud of myself. It looks really confusing on paper (picture to come), but in reality is easy!
Then I returned to my room to find my abono (identification with a specific number that will allow me to purchase a metro month pass if I wish) and a package waiting for me. As tomorrow is my birthday, my mother sent me a dozen red roses!!!! How sweet!!!!! That definitely made my day!!!! They are beautiful! I'll put a picture up once I find a vase.
This afternoon, I took a walk around the plaza and surrounding streets...I am so lucky! We have every type of shop and place to eat! It's fabulous!
Tonight after dinner, my roommates want to take me out for a little while for my birthday and then they will stay out later and I am invited to come if I wish.
This is going to be a fabulous birthday: a dozen roses, a night out with friends, 2 day trips this weekend, almost no weekend homework, birthday wishes already from other friends, and the knowledge that I'm living my dream!!!
This is my abono...I covered up all the personal information for safety reasons but added a description of the type of information it included so that you could see it. The metro pass you see there now is my 10 trip pass...it fits in the same place as a month pass, which I haven't yet been able to purchase. Depending on how often I walk to school, I may not even purchase a pass every month.
Here's the metro map...looks confusing, right?
My beautiful roses :D What can I say...I have the best mom!
And my senora gave me a beautiful vase to put them in!!!
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day: flores = flowers, cumpleaños = birthday :)

3 comments:
Hope your birthday is as beautiful as the roses your mom sent.
Happy Birthday, Melanie! I hope that you have a wonderful time celebrating with your friends in Spain! I'll have a drink in your honor here at home. :)
What a way to celebrate a birthday you will always remember! We will toast you and your 21 derful years! Love you SO much!
Post a Comment