Monday, September 26, 2011

Update

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I have been horrible about posting these last few days...between being busy, gone, and having a lot on my mind, this was not my first priority.

The rest of Thursday was pretty awful.  I went to dinner, where my roommates argued that I should go home and my host mom tried to convince me as I wavered that I should stay because, as she put it, "You won't find her alive.  She's in a better place."  I talked for what seemed like hours with my family, crying, being comforted.  My aunt told me that she was worried about me and that she had asked Grandma on her deathbed to be with me especially on my adventures and as I try to cope with her death from miles away.


Then I finally made myself put the news on Facebook and my blog and received tons of comments, e-mails, messages, etc. from people comforting me, praying for me, and supporting me.  One comment received on Facebook stuck out.  It was from Shirley, my piano teacher, and she stated what should have been obvious (but never is when you are in the middle of something like this) - she said that it was God's will that I was here and that He would take care of me.  Wow!  That hit me like a ton of bricks!  It was just what I needed to hear.  Thanks to everyone for the outpouring of love and support.

I cried a lot Thursday as I chatted with my family and wrote up some memories of Grandma to be read as part of her eulogy.  But finally I went to bed and was able to sleep rather peacefully.

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day:  familia = family, muerte = death, llorar = to cry :)

No comments: