Sunday, October 30, 2011

Travel Dilemmas...

So lately, I've been experiencing some travel difficulties... one friend could not travel this weekend, and another backed out for next weekend for financial reasons.  Plus there are still 2 weekends where I have not yet found a travel companion.

Arggh!  I know it will all work out in the end, but I am frustrated by the difficulties I am having.  You would think it would be so easy to find a travel buddy...but everyone has either: 1. already been where I want to go, 2. already made plans to go there, 3. already decided he/she does not want to go there, 4. already made plans for that weekend, 5. already run out of travel money.

So...if you happen to read this blog and are a classmate of mine looking for a travel companion...let me know :)

And if not, send positive thoughts my way/keep your fingers crossed for me!  I just really want to have 3 more weekends (besides the ones I already have planned) of travels...I've already stayed home all of October but one weekend and was home the first weekend I was here with Paula.  Plus I will be home my last weekend here.  I'd really love to fill the rest with trips.

I guess I really am lucky if this is the biggest dilemma I am having at the moment.  I am lucky that I even have the time, money, and opportunity to travel...even if it doesn't work out.  I know some people would kill to be in my place right now.  So despite my frustration, I am thankful to have this minor problem compared to all those without food, shelter, or employment.

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day:  viajar = to travel :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Why don't you just attempt to go with one of your friends who has already made plans to travel? Then you can travel with them.

Melanie said...

That's harder than it looks because I feel like I'm butting in and trying to get tickets way after they have gotten theirs and still get there around the same time if not on the same flight is difficult.