City views...
Do you see a sleeping person form in the mountain? The locals say this is Snow White...
My introduction to the city...
The legendary Roman Aqueduct!
Huge - tall and long...
Quite an engineering feat as the stones have no mortar between them
Can you find me in this picture?
So beautiful and humbling!
My friend Elissa and I...I think this was the first time we hung out...
Around town...the architecture here is so cool!
texturized (is that a word) facades!
Thought this was cool...
The old Jewish area...
Cathedral...more photos of both the outside and inside to come later...
This symbol on the ground shows that the aqueduct continues under your feet
Typical tourist-y souvenir store
sundial clock on the side of the building...but if I remember correctly, it did not display the correct time...
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: acueducto = aqueduct :)
5 comments:
I just watched a travelog on Segovia on Channel 9 yesterday! I recognized some of your pictures immediately!
One thing I have noticed in the bulk of your pictures is they don't have any of those all glass type skyscrapers there, or are you just not taking their pictures? Personally I think it would be neat if all the new buildings looked old...it would retain the beauty of the city.
As for the sundial that didn't tell the correct time...I guess the sun was running slow that day:)
Hahahahaha! And nope they don't have many skyscrapers here at all...even in Madrid there are I think 4 only. I love it! It preserves the old-time beauty!
So I thought about the skyscraper thing a little more... and although the older cities do not have them, Madrid probably has more than 4...
Wow, these pictures are incredible!! I just showed them to Emily, we are both amazed at the talent it took to construct. It is so neat that you are getting to see such historic architecture! It really is impressive and fascinating stuff.
p.s. I was able to spot you in that one pic! Hiding in the shadows :)
Glad you enjoyed the pictures! Segovia was one of my favorite trips...I could have stood there and just stared at the aqueduct all day. So beautiful and humbling to be next to such a huge structure and civil engineering feat!
Post a Comment