Hello All,
I've been failing at keeping up my blog in recent days and I apologize.
After my night out on Thursday, I spent most of Friday sleeping in and being totally lazy (which was not the best decision when I had tons of things to accomplish later in the weekend and much less time).
Saturday, I met up with a friend in Parque Retiro and we walked around for a couple hours and spent an enjoyable day. We saw Palacio de Cristal (her first time), but unfortunately it is closed because an art exposition is being put up inside...boo! And we had hoped to take a boat out on the man-made lake, but there was a race about to begin so that was out of the question too. So instead, we walked about, chatted, and got a caricature made of the two of us side by side. We also, much to my amusement, heard a street performer play "Build Me Up Buttercup". Never thought I'd here that one here!!!
Here are some photos of our adventures:
He's playing...a dulcimer??
A yucca plant...April, this reminded me of you! I miss you chica!
Katie and I with a griffin
Crystal palace again
"Hey look...GEESE!!!!" - Katie "No, Katie, those are ducks!" - Melanie
(almost as bad as Cathy saying, "Chickens go quack!" P.S. sorry but you will never live that one down!)
Look who has her ducks all in a row :) (for once in my life haha)
What type of house of worship is this?!?
Katie and I with the caricature we got done at Parque Retiro :)
After that, I fell asleep from 7 pm to 11 pm and messed up my sleep schedule even more.
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day: parque = park, dormir = to sleep :)
*P.S. Sorry if I begin repeating these...I have done enough now that I cannot remember which words I've already used.
2 comments:
Mel, your picture of the tree reminded me of the tree pic we took for Julie! Do you remember?
Yeah at UCM when I went for my leadership conference! I think I remembered that when taking the photo!
Post a Comment