Hello Everyone,
Well yesterday, my two friends and I set out with the above as our objective. My roommate Tara had found a travel book in the house (there are lots here that past study abroad students have left) that has walking tours inside, so she and I and Michelle decided to try one out. We walked to where we wanted to begin and set off. No, we did not stop at most of the sties mentioned on the tour, but we did find some cute shops, a great market (where we tried some fantastic chocolate creme muffins!), and a mini-rastro, where I finally found something legit for my BFF (Did I make you curious, Sarah? Because that was totally the goal!).
After our walk, the other girls headed for home, but I wanted to go to Retiro Park (where the rest of my roommates had gone). So I headed in that direction. On the way, I stopped at an old book fair of sorts that was along a block near this parkish area. I found some great posters for my classroom! Then I hit the park, but did not stay long because my other friends were no longer there and I was getting tired.
I took the metro home and as my friends went out for dinner (we thought we were going to Valencia this weekend so we had told our host mom that we would not be there for dinner), I fell asleep for a couple hours. Then I chilled for a few hours and went to bed early.
Took very few photos...don't know if they are even worthy of an appearance on the blog. We'll see when I go through them...
Plaza de 2 de Mayo
Spain's version of a garage sale...
There were old photos for sale...like old family photos in black and white...
Mercado..I love these places!!!
Swirly building by Gaudi...don't remember the name.
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day: perder = to lose (yourself or something), caminar = to walk :)
3 comments:
Hey, did that mercado have a second floor? Also what was that vertical growing green wall? Is that how they display produce???What ever it is, I've never seen one in Dierbergs!
Yes it did make me very curious. I heard your mom knows what it is! She keeps saying that over and over, bragging about it.
Mom - yes it did have a second floor...and I have no idea what the growing thing was. Looked interesting so I took a picture.
Sarah - yes she does know. She's seen it via skype and given her approval muahahaha. Glad you're curious! A little suspense is always fun!!!
Post a Comment