Monday, October 3, 2011

Busiest Week Yet!

Well...today is the official beginning of the busiest school week yet.  I had CLC this morning, will begin my 4-day-a-week tutoring job in an hour (wish me luck!), have 2 midterms on Thursday, and may meet up with Paula at some point this week. Plus I am still making plans for this weekend (may go somewhere on the coast with my roommates) and have a short paper to write for Monday (Thank you, Colby, for making this class and assignment a breeze!). 


Assuming my 2 midterms (in my 2 most difficult classes) do not kick my butt, this week should go well even though it promises to be a bit taxing.  I am not stressing yet, especially since I now have extra time to study for those midterms as the paper that was supposed to be due this week was postponed til Monday.  I'm ready for things (like my job) to begin, so this should be the start of a routine with mostly everything finally scheduled and begun.

ADDITION:  Day 1 of tutoring went very well.I met B (Mom) at the school and we went to pick up J (3) first and then met L (7) and I was introduced to her friend C (also 7), who I will also be tutoring and C's mom L.  L and C are already best friends, even at age 7 - very cute!  Finally, we were ready to begin the walk home.  Between watching the 7-year-olds and talking with Mom, it was hard to pay attention to which direction we were going, so I shall have to print out a map before I have to walk G (9) home tomorrow.  It took us forever to get home...mainly because J (3) was being a complete brat...cutest brat ever, but a brat just the same.  I am now kind of dreading the days when I have to pick her up.

We finally got home about 1/2 hour before I was supposed to leave.  I played Concentration 64 with the girls (which didn't go all that well), played "The Sky is Blue, the Grass is Green" with them (which they liked a bit better), and we did fichas (flashcards - I put pictures from the internet on a page and have them label them, helping them with pronunciation and spelling and explaining words they do not know.  I would have thought this was super boring at age 7, but they love it!).  I taught them a bit of Tony Chestnut - a silly song to help learn body parts (Thanks for teaching me this one, Nicole!!!) Then we listened to a few songs in English (some Justin Bieber, of course). And I left 1/2 hour late and exhausted.  I had kind of lost track of time/expected Mom to call us at 6:30...oh well.

Went home to dinner and a bit of studying before bed.

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: ocupada = busy :)

3 comments:

Andy Finkenstadt said...

Don't forget to take time for yourself....

Melanie said...

Thanks Andy! That will come once I get into the rhythm of things. But I had plenty of me time this past weekend. And it was fabulous :)

Mom said...

Good luck on the job! I hope you love it. And, also on the midterms.