Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Note about Comments

Hello Everyone,

I have realized that it's difficult for some of my readers (those who do not have a Google account and those who are not technology-savvy) to figure out how to post a comment on my blog.  I have now changed my settings so that anyone can comment, regardless of whether or not they have a Google account.  I am just trying this out for now...it will not last if I receive comments from strangers that are creepy or inappropriate.

Because this opens it up for more strangers or anonymous readers to comment, I have also now chosen to moderate the comments before they are published.  I haven't had any trouble yet, but with this new setting, I just want to be extra careful about what type of comments get published if they are not from people I know.


So...
     1. you will not be able to view your comments right away after posting them
     2. you can now post a comment if you do not have a Google account
     3. Anything that is appropriate will be published!  I am not against publishing things like those comments I have already received.  I am just afraid that enabling anonymous comments will make it easier for someone I do not know to post something inappropriate
     4. If I do know you, please at least label your comment with your name.  That will make it much easier for me when I do moderate comments :)

Thanks Everyone!  

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: responder = to respond :)

2 comments:

Sarah Leonard said...

I miss you Melanie!!! By the way I love this idea. I have not had time to make myself a google account considering Matt is moving on my birthday to West Virginia!

Melanie said...

Sarah!!!!! I miss you chica!!! And Matt is moving on your birthday?!? Uggh!!! Guess he cannot help it but that stinks! Love you!
Melanie