Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Exam Results Are In...

Hello Everyone,

I was kind of dreading the coming of Tuesday because I would find out how well I did on my exams and I was pretty sure I did not do so well on Culture and Civ (but thought I aced Phonetics).  Got to Phonetics and after an interesting class was finally given my graded exam...only to find out I received an 82.  Bummer!  I studied for several hours for that exam and was hoping to get at least a 90, especially because I felt so good about it.  That made me even more nervous to see my Culture and Civ exam, for which I had not studied as much and which I did not feel as good about.

After a movie in Culture and Civ class, we went over the exam questions and then our exams were passed back.  I was hoping to get an 85 but was not sure if this would happen...yeah, got a 93.5!!!  How I accomplished that, I have no idea.  It made me really happy though!  He must grade easily, because I definitely was not prepared for that test.  I felt really bad for my friend though, because she spent 7 hours studying and typing up her notes (which is over 3 times as much time as I spent studying) and got a much lower grade which she did not deserve.  Her performance definitely did not showcase the time and effort she put into studying for this test, and she was pretty bummed.  She deserved my 93.5 and I deserved her lower grade.  She was the one explaining concepts to me as I was trying to cram for the exam an hour before it took place.  Sigh, life is not fair.  Don't get me wrong - I am happy about my grade; I just wish my friend could say the same.


Classes went well, but I did not accomplish much during my break.  Then met with my group for a presentation we have to give tomorrow (groan - I hate having homework over a holiday).  After that, it was time to tutor - was asked to stay til 7 yesterday, so we had a bit longer to finish G's homework and practice with clocks drawn on paper (he is learning time). 

Finally heard from a friend about meeting up this weekend and also found out when my intercambio will begin...been waiting for these responses for a day or two.  Had dinner, wrote a paper, looked over a Spanish article for my presentation, made plans for Wednesday (a holiday), and went to bed.

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Words of the Day: reloj = clock, examen = test, nota = grade :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Although the grades were mixed up, you did well on both exams, Mel. Keep it up.

Melanie said...

Thanks! Hope the trend continues with the exams I took today!