So I feel the need to preface this post by giving you a couple of pieces of background information:
1. I have the best friends!
2. I had no plans for a going-away party of any sort.
3. I have the best friends!
Awhile ago, I had made plans to have dinner with my friend Cathy from college earlier this week...or so I thought. I met her at her house and we left from there for a nearby pizza place. Everything seemed totally normal, even when we arrived at the pizza place and I almost immediately saw my friend Melaine from school (she lived in the area, so I figured it was just a coincidence).
Then we walked around the corner to discover...drum roll, please...more friends!!!! 7 of us total - Melaine, Kim, Emily, Megan, Kara, Cathy, and I. By this point, I figured something was up - and I was right! This was my going-away party! The girls had been planning it since the end of the school year - and even my mother was in on it! (Like I said, I have the best friends!)
They even had gifts for me! A goodbye card, I-tunes giftcards, a B-E-A-UTIFUL photo collage they had put together for me to bring with me to remember all the good times with them, a heart-shaped pin, and a series of index cards. On each index card was written a quote one of my close friends (from various groups) had chosen especially for me! Even those girls who were unable to be physically present had sent their love in quote form! What wonderful gifts from amazing friends!!!!
I think what meant the most to me, though was the love they put into everything and their presence at dinner with me! I got to see several girls I didn't expect to see all summer! And my friends Megan and Kara drove 2 hours and 3 hours each way, respectively, just to spend a little time with me! That meant the world to me!!! I couldn't have asked for a better night or more wonderful girls! I am so blessed to have friends like these!
As the Bible says, "A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; she who finds one finds a treasure. A faithful friend is beyond price; no sum can balance her worth." (Sirach 6:14-15) Thanks to my girls (those who were present physically at the party and those who were there in spirit) for being my faithful friends! And thanks to Sam for contributing this fabulous Bible quote :) I love you all tons!
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day: sorpresa = surprise, fiesta = party, amiga = friend :)
1 comment:
You're right,Melanie. You have been blessed to have such wonderful friends.
Post a Comment