Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Bag Lady...an old photo.

Hola everyone!

So when I was packing, Mom decided she wanted a photo of me with all my bags by the door prior to my departure.  Well this plan reminded her of another photo, which I searched out and scanned into my computer specifically for this post.

I have put the two pictures side by side.  The first one was taken when I was about 5-6 years old and heading off to Grandma's house.  As you can see, I did not pack light...even for a 2-hour visit with my grandma who lived only 15 minutes away.  I will refer to this picture as "The Bag Lady."  The second photo, as you can probably guess, is the photo Mom insisted upon taking just before I walked out the door to go to the airport.  Yes, I realize I brought even more the 2nd time...but was not excessive as I was packing for 4 months this time, not a 2-hour visit.  I hope you get a good laugh out of these photos.



Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Words of the Day:  bolso = bag, recordar = to remember :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first saw that pic I smiled because I remembered it. Then the tears came....our little girl is so grown up.

Mom said...

Yes, you've always wanted to take everything but the kitchen sink when you went somewhere. I'm sure you would have taken more if you could have.