We began by receiving our ID cards and health insurance cards and being introduced to some people from the administration. Then we were bused to a park/retreat center, where we heard from other people on campus, played get-to-know-you games (P.S. Sam, remind me to tell you about the game I learned that I think you should use for freshman orientation next year), had a chance to purchase phones and sign up for day trips, had lunch, and participated in one chosen activity. Basically, the day was interesting overall, but it could have been shortened a lot. However, I did meet two people in my Spanish Phonetics and Phonology class, one of whom I have since become pretty good friends with (well as much as you can in 2 days).
Easily the highlight of the day was my chosen activity: a guided walk. We walked from the park/retreat center to a little town called Guadarrama (about a 20 min walk in a very quaint area) and then had some free time to explore the town before returning to be bused home. A few of my roommates and I decided to look around the neighborhood - it was just so cute. Well, we ended up climbing up pretty high and finding this really cool building and some super neat views of the mountain. Enjoy the pictures of our adventure. (Coming soon...internet is being a pain!)
That night, my roommates went out, while I stayed at home. Glad I did...they were out til 3 am. And one of the girls already got her wallet stolen...while it was in her purse across her body.
pretty church
My friends and I again: Tara (roommate), Jenny (roommate), Michelle (lives downstairs)
First Night Out: Left to Right, Michelle (lives downstairs), Jenny (roommate), Taylor (roommate), Katie (roommate), Clare (lives downstairs), Mary (roommate), Tara (roommate)
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day: pueblo = town, montaƱa = mountain, vista = view :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you were given the guided walk as the activity! And it sounds like you are meeting more and more people. That's great!
Post a Comment