Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Everyday's a Celebration!

So this past weekend, we celebrated my birthday at home.  Mom made me an ice cream cake, as she does only once a year because it is truly a labor of love!  Of course, the cake was "study-abroad" themed.  It had the U.S. drawn and filled in like our flag...with a plane flying out of my home state and toward my destinations - Spain on one side and Argentina on the other.  It was quite elaborate - with my destination cities listed and various attractions or attributes of the countries shown.  Quite lovely to behold!  Thanks Mom!

Also, I've been celebrating the fact that I am now down to 2 weeks until I will arrive in Spain!  It is still so surreal sometimes...like I cannot actually believe my dream is coming true! Part of me is in Spain mode - preparations, thinking about it like crazy.  And part of me still almost forgets that my life is about to be turned upside down (in the best sense possible) because things are so normal right now.


I was listening to this song the other day (Sean Colvin's "Never Saw Blue Like That" ), which has always made me hope that I would feel this way as my dreams came true.  And I got a bit emotional because I am beginning to feel that way!  I truly am in a good place - I am feeling so blessed because of the opportunities I have, the little things that are falling into place, the fact that my dreams are coming true, and the great support system I have in my friends and family through it all!  I've got to say that I never saw blue like this before!  (Shout out to Ms. Mueller and Kairos #16 where I got this song!) 

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Words of the Day: pastel = cake, canción = song :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

BEAUTIFUL song. <3