Tuesday, August 23, 2011

D-Day

So the day I thought would never come is finally here:  Departure Day (D-Day).  It is finally hitting me both that I'm leaving and that I'm about to achieve my dreams and see Spain.  I've never been more excited or nervous in my life.

I'm running on adrenaline already and it is not even 8 am.  Stayed up late finishing things up and then got up early to start out the day with Mass (seemed fitting)...but I was able to sleep 5 hours!  That's a good omen I think.  Now it's time to finish the last few tasks up, spend some more time with Mom, and maybe squeeze in a nap before I leave for the airport this afternoon.

Adios for now!  Will write again sometime after I arrive (or possibly in the airport during my layover).

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: despegar = to take off (i.e. in a plane)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage! :)

Anonymous said...

Buen viaje! Love, love. love!

Anonymous said...

Buen viaje! Love, love. love!