Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"...Might Get Laid..." "WHAT?!?!?" (Sevilla, Friday Night)

Disclaimer: No girls got laid in the saying of this quote nor during the writing of this post.

This quote/now inside joke actually occurred when I misheard Amy say "It might get late."  Oops!  Afterward, we managed to turn every conversation into a joke about "getting laid" even though neither of us had the slightest desire to do so in reality.



Anyhow...after a busy morning packing and finalizing my Italy trip, I met Amy at the bus station and we began the long trip to Sevilla, where our adventures would begin.  Finding the hostel was a bit of a challenge, but once we made it there, we found it very comfortable.  We soon left in search of dinner...and wound up in a plaza.  We couldn't find anywhere that looked super fabulous, so we settled on a little hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant.  Boy, did we enjoy that meal!  We split a pepperoni pizza (my first encounter with pepperoni since coming to Spain)...and it was delicious!  Then we went to a little cafeteria place and ordered chocolate con churros - my first time (so of course I was a "virgin"). I thought chocolate con churros (cinnamon sticks of sorts) would be like churros dipped in gross chocolate like those Pizza Hut chocolate dipper things that I personally cannot stand.  But instead, the churros were more doughy and less cinnamon-y than usual and were dipped in hot chocolate - the thick kind I mentioned in an earlier post.  New. Favorite. Thing.

We then stopped to check out this really cool modern...I want to call it a sculpture, but that's not the right word....really cool modern...thingamajig. We took plenty of photos before heading back to the hostel.

After figuring out our plans for the next day and doing a bit of studying, Amy and I hit the sack.

Photos to come when I have time (I'm first focusing on catching up on the written posts).

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day:  tarde = late :)

No comments: