Thursday, December 1, 2011

Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias a Todos!

Hola Everyone! 

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone had a blessed day and ate their fill of turkey with all the fixings!

After a normal day of classes and tutoring and then some frantic running around, I finally was able to join my friend Katie and her family for dinner.  Because I did not get off work until late, they had already eaten, but were still ready to feed me and provide conversation and a family atmosphere, for which I was extremely grateful!

Long story short, Katie and I and her family (Mom, Dad, brother) ended up at Dubliner's in el centro just chilling out.  Her parents were there to watch a football game and we were just there...well because we had been walking around Sol and that's where we ended up.  So we were just chatting it up, chilling, singing to all the American music, enjoying the American flag decorations the bar had put up for our benefit, and having a drink (peach juice for me).



I did not get home til super late and went to bed even later because I still had preparations to make for my trip to Sevilla and Córdoba.  All in all, between the exciting news about Rome and just the fact that I am here in Spain and having someone to spend the evening with, I felt quite thankful!

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day:  agredecer = to thank :)

2 comments:

JackieKC said...

Melanie, great to hear that you are having a great time. I hope that we are able to Skype soon and I am really looking forward to talking to you about your trip. Enjoy the rest of your time in Spain!

Jackie

Melanie said...

Jackie! I am having a fabulous time...just wish you were here with me! I agree about the necessity of a skype date...when are you free ? :)

Cannot wait to see you when I visit school!