Wednesday, March 9, 2011

An Introduction

Saludos a Todos! Greetings!

I am still learning what it means to be a blogger, but I suppose it makes sense to start with an introduction. Who am I? On what sort of journey am I about to embark? What am I hoping to accomplish with this blog?

For starters, my name is Melanie and I am a college student majoring in Spanish and Secondary Education. Outside of academics, I enjoy reading, playing the piano, listening to music, volunteering, and obviously traveling. I know this is brief, but I am guessing that many, if not most of my loyal readers already know me.


The journey that is about to begin has been in the works for quite a while (more on that later). I have known that I would study Spanish and one day travel to a Spanish speaking country since my junior year of high school. Since then, I've been doing everything possible to get myself to this point - where I am on the edge, ready to try out my wings and discover a new world. Going back to the basics: I will be spending a semester studying abroad in Spain and then travel to Argentina for another abroad experience.

The purpose of this blog...I guess I'll figure that out as my journey unfolds. At the moment, I am hoping that this blog will evolve into my own photo-journal and also serve as a link to my family, friends, and other supporters back home. I think this blog will be a good way to keep them with me on my journey and for them to feel a part of my travels even while sitting on their living room couch. That's all for now!

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish word for today: viajar = to travel :)
* Hopefully these words will give you a taste of the language I'll be speaking fluently by the end of my journey abroad!

No comments: