I was thinking about my Grandma the other day - she passed away during my junior year of high school, and I took her death very hard because we were so close. She was the most generous person I knew, and she always saw the best in me. I hope that I am living in a way that would make her proud.
Anyway, about a month before her death was when I first felt the call to teach and began dreaming of Spain. I remember one night when Mom was spending the night in the hospital with Grandma and I had stayed home to do homework, I was on the phone with Mom and she must have told Grandma about my dream of studying in Spain. Then she put Grandma on the phone. I remember Grandma being so surprised that this was what I wanted to do...and as usual, she said she would worry about me like crazy.
Now that she's in heaven, I wonder if she's happy for me because my dreams are coming true, or if she's proud that I followed through with what I intended to accomplish. But one thing I know for sure...she'll be watching over me in a special way during my journey.
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: abuela = grandma :)
2 comments:
Hey sweetheart. First of all, I'd like to say that I've been reading your blog from the beginning (starting tonight), and you are such a talented writer. You make everything so interesting! Second of all, this entry especially spoke out to me, because as you know I've dealt with a lot in my life. The only thing that keeps me going sometimes is a song CALLED "Someone's Watching Over Me," by Hilary Duff. Me, being me of course, recorded it, and it's something I'm actually proud of. (One of the few that I'll actually show people.) So I'll post that on here once I get that up on youtube with some lyrics to go with it. (In the meantime, I suppose you could look up Hilary's version. Haha. I love you!
I was actually thinking of that song when I wrote this too! I remember you singing it in the concert contest one year! PLEASE post your recording! I'm sure everyone would love to hear it...especially me!!!
Post a Comment