So...it occurred to me as I was falling asleep last night that this journey is not just about me, for it would not have been possible if it weren't for many people who offered me their help and support during the last 3 years while I waited, worked, and hoped for my dream toeventually come true. Therefore, I owe a HUGE thank you to the following individuals (bear with me, please...there are a lot):
First, to Miss Paula for instilling in me the desire to study in Spain and the belief that my dreams can come true! And for all your help along the way as well as your willingness (along with S) to take me in and show me around during my first few days in Spain!
Next to my mother who, although the thought of me going abroad makes her worry, still encouraged me and became my greatest supporter rather than become a "dream stealer" (Reference to the book Dangerous Wonder by Michael Yaconelli - for a preview of the book online, click here) and who is helping me pay not only for college, but also for the additional expenses of studying abroad!
To my wonderful Spanish teachers in high school - Doña Diana (Spanish 1), Miss Paula (Spanish 2, Reg. Spanish 3), Ms. Boter (Hn. Spanish 4) - who made learning the language fun and without whose help I would not be able to survive in Spain! And to the unnamed teacher I had for Hn. Spanish 3, (in whose class I could not learn) who gave me the impetus to take learning into my own hands! To Rocío and Xánath, my college Spanish professors, who helped me fine tune my Spanish abilities and who first spoke to me only in Spanish so that I could learn to understand native speakers!
To Steve (Director of study abroad), who helped me plan this entire journey and guided me through all the paperwork! To the directors and staff of my two programs, for dealing with my curiosity as I constantly e-mailed them with more questions! To Professors Stramara, Valk, and Oliver, who willingly approved the non-Spanish related courses I will take abroad for credit at my home university! To Prof. Shelledy, my Secondary Education adviser, who took the time to sit down with me freshman year of college and help me figure out a schedule that would allow me to finish my Ed. major and graduate on time while taking a year to study abroad!
To my family - Mom, Barb (aunt), Rich (uncle), Sarah (cousin), Judy (aunt), Johanna (aunt), Tymm (brother), Steph ("sister"), Grandma, and - who have supported me through all of this and who constantly wish me all the best during my travels! And to my grandparents in heaven, who I know are watching over me!
To my BFF Sarah and all my girls at college: Cathy, Julie, Margie, Kara, Sam, Jackie, Melaine, Megan, and the many girls I am forgetting, my CLC (Cathy, Breanna, April, Emily K, Emily H, Kim), and my sorority sisters (especially my niece Cindy) for believing in me and tolerating my constant chatter about Spain and my complaints during paperwork time, and for being the best friends I've ever had, friends worth keeping in touch with! For Brandon, who introduced me to Spanish scrabble and then willingly played it with me many times! Also to Cathy, for being the only person who would sing "La Bamba" with me for an hour after a tutoring session! To Jean, Brandon, Brenda, Charlotte, Christa, Patti, Sarah, and Mom for fearlessly trying out a tapas (Spanish appetizer) restaurant with me! And to Julie D and Bridgette and Emily Kl. for dreaming with me!
To all my other supporters and hopefully soon to be loyal readers, especially Shirley, Jenny G, Mrs. Sullivan and my high school teachers (Mrs. Sumpter, Ms. Bown, Dr. R, Mrs. Neumann, Mrs. Kutz, Ms. Mueller, Colby), everyone with Lifeteen - Core team (Matt and Jennie, Tom, Bob and Julie, Chris, Megan, Nancypants, Tony), all the wonderful teens- and to my parish family (especially Brenda, Nicole, Carter, Ann) - thanks for taking an interest and always showing me you care!
Finally, Thanks to God, for gifting me with this opportunity and for all the little blessings along the way!
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish word of the day: (to take the easy way out...) gracias = thank you :)
1 comment:
No. Thank YOU for doing this for all of us. :) I love you!! <3
Post a Comment