I know I've mentioned that I am both excited and nervous for the beginning of my journey...but the closer my departure date gets, the more apparent these feelings become.
In various moments, like the night I realized that having only 37 days left to Spain means I have little more than a month (it seemed to me like the last time I checked there were 7 weeks left), I will just be consumed by fear...usually only for a few minutes. Fear that I will not manage to accomplish all the tasks and see all the people I want to catch up with before departure, fear of the unknown - new experiences and risks I will have to take in Spain.
Conversely, there are moments when I feel like I can almost reach out and touch my dreams. I become so excited and long to be in Spain now. For example, Mom and I drove past the airport I fill be flying out of a few days ago and I felt like I could almost be departing already, like I was ready for Mom to take the next exit and drop me off before my flight.
It's interesting to me how many different feelings surround the beginning of my journey, but I know that despite the nervousness that will occur, I will adjust and will have the time of my life!
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Words of the Day: sentimientos = feelings, emociones = emotions :)
No comments:
Post a Comment