Today, within half an hour of getting up, I:
1) curiously picked up the book La Casa de los Espiritus (given to me by Miss Paula and one of my most prized possessions) just to see if I am finally at a level where I could read it. I am...I won't be able to fully appreciate the book, but will be able to get the gist of the story using context clues. Reading this book will be my summer project and will get me in the mood for Spain and also be good practice for me...as well as an enjoyable read!
*Edit: Yeah, I could understand sentences, but when I tried to read complete paragraphs and string them together into the full story...well, let's just say I found out I'm not quite ready for reading on this level in my second language. Bummer! I have an easier book I might try to read this summer...we'll see if that actually happens.
2) found out that I am the recipient of a $350 scholarship from the institution in Spain...yay!!! The money will really come in handy to help with tuition!
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish words of the day: libro = book, beca = scholarship :)
No comments:
Post a Comment