Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You've Got Mail!

Yesterday when I checked the mail, I was shocked to see an envelope addressed to me with a return address in Spain! I knew it must be from my host mom!

Background: Guess I forgot to blog about this...I did finally write her a card introducing myself, but didn't expect a response so soon because in my experience it takes mail at least a week to get there and it had only been a week and a half since I had sent the first note.


Anyhow, I nervously opened the envelope and read the note inside...so far, so good! My host mom sounds very interesting and says she thinks we will have a lot in common! I am very pleased! I e-mailed her back but haven't received a response yet as it is the end of the school year there and she is a teacher with exams to grade. Still, I feel so lucky to not only have my housing placement but also to have established contact with my host mom! God is good!

Peace and Blessings,
Melanie

Spanish Word of the Day: carta = letter :)

No comments: