Now that I have an official confirmation of my host family placement (which I could not be more excited about) and contact information for my host mom, I have decided that it might be a good idea to send her a note to introduce myself. If I can correspond with her a bit before actually moving in to her home, I know that I will be less nervous when the time comes to meet her in person.
This raises the question...What do I say? How do I adequately introduce myself to someone who will be living with me (sort of...) for four months? What information do I include? Do I state my faults or just focus on the positive? How do I know if I've said too much? Or too little? How do I convey my growing excitement not only for Spain, but also for this specific living arrangement without sounding like I am trying to "suck up" or "butter her up"? How much more difficult will this introduction be when you add in the fact that I will be writing it completely in Spanish?
With all these questions swirling through my mind, I realize that this is not an e-mail I can just dash off in a few minutes. This one will be written and re-written over a period of a few days before I finally have the guts to actually send it and wait for a response.
Peace and Blessings,
Melanie
Spanish Word of the Day: escribir = to write :)
No comments:
Post a Comment